Life, on the other side of you: A Study of Life, Death, and Renewal, is a pseudo biographical volume about life, death, and renewal after my first wife’s battle with cancer, her death, my struggles to get back in to life, and my renewal after meeting Tracy and having my son. Interesting is the fact that there are one million new widows/widowers added to the rolls annually, yet all that's been published to deal with the challenges of life after death are sterile opuses which essentially detail the stages of grief by psychologist and psychiatrist from a clinical perspective. My book provides great biblical reference, and shares 30 great lessons which shaped my recovery.
Listen to a Houston Matters interview with Major General Price about his new book!
"Life, on the other side of you: A Study of Life, Death, and Renewal by Barrye Price is excellent on many different levels. It tells a great love story (really two great love stories). It tells of the tragedy, victory, relapse, small triumphs, and finally final heartbreak of cancer. It tells of the inner circle around one who suffers; the close circle of close friends, colleagues, and church leaders; and the outer circle of supportive but confused friends, troops, and church congregants. It is an importantly simple spiritual story of how, although tragic circumstances teach us about faith, all of us have so much more to learn. It is written extremely well in an engaging, sometimes appropriately humorous style, and then later a gripping style (that even makes an old Army guy tear up!).
"Finally, the lessons at the end are great. They are derived from the story, but would have been distracting if they were included in the text. When I finished the book, I was ready to get the lessons at the end. I am sure that there will be some people, especially those who have lost a spouse or are helping those who lost a spouse, who will turn first to the lessons. That is okay, too, because those readers can later read the story that the lessons are based upon.
"Life on the Other Side is a great read for everyone and a must read for those who are helping those suffering from the tragedy of cancer."
- Michael J. Meese, PhD (BG, U.S. Army, Retired) Chief Operating Officer, American Armed Forces Mutual Aid Association (AAFMAA)
Click here to Listen to Houston Matters Radio interview with Major General Price about his new book!more info
Life, on the other side of you Book Launch
September 29, 2016
- Appearance Schedule
- Coming soon!
- Contact Us
- News / Press Releases
- Barrye L. Price's book, Life, on the other side of you: A Study of Life, Death, and Renewal is now available for purchase on Amazon.com
- View A Conversation with Major General Barrye Price from Major General (Retired) Price on Vimeo.
- Listen to a Houston Matters interview with Major General Price about his new book!
- Karen Gross, Former President Southern Vermont College:
- "This book is about peace - coming to peace, this is a book about, as the title suggests, the "other side".... it is about Elaine but it is about life and next chapters and finding a way to remember that is powerful and meaningful and gives value to what could not be."
- Wes Moore, Bestselling Author of The Other Wes Moore:
- "MG Price has lived an extraordinary life of service, and this book is his latest contribution to our society. It is an eloquent, powerful prose that asks us to lead with not just our heads, but with our hearts."
- HR McMaster, Bestselling Author of Dereliction of Duty:
- "It is a brilliant, moving, important, and it will be a tremendous gift to all who read it. "
- Mark Radar, Attorney at Law:
- "When Elaine Price died in June of 2001 after a nearly two-year battle with Hodgkin's disease, two things happened: part of her husband died with her, but the part that survived wrote a compelling, evocative memoir of their shared struggle. At once instructive, heart-felt, and revealing, Barrye Price describes his determination to help Elaine survive, then, when it becomes clear that she will not, looks within himself as he courageously set about restoring his life through his faith and his lifelong self- determination. This is not the story of a battle lost, but rather one of a life renewed."
- Brigadier General (Retired) Clare Adams-Ender (Former Chief, Army Nurse Corps):
- "Because I have had similar experiences and have gone through many similar experiences with others, I am quite reflective and spent much time thinking after reading passages. It is powerful and I believe it would add tremendously to the dearth of knowledge that exists on this subject. The writing and message is superbly done. Truly a gifted writer."
- Dr. Naomi Verdugo, Assistant Deputy for Recruiting, US Army:
- "Moving and romantic and thought-provoking, all at the same time. I found myself wanting to know more about other topics."
- Lieutenant General Patricia Horoho, Surgeon General, US Army
- "Wow. The beginning of this is absolutely powerful and the emotions and intensity is palpable. The loss of your father at an early age appeared to have given you a heart with empathy, one that was experienced in sorrow, joy and pain and one that has an enormous capacity to love. Your journey and relationship with God is humbling, inspiring and heartfelt. You did a beautiful job describing God's constant love, presence and gift of hope. You are a gifted writer. There are many out there who would benefit from reading your story."
- Delores Johnson, Department of the Army Senior Executive Service
- "Immensely personal which puts the reader inside your head and heart. You must publish this story for men, women will read it because the lessons apply equally to both sexes but this is a story that reminds each of us that men grieve as deeply as women. And it will added benefit of showing what "peace" looks like on the other side of the grief."
- Click here to purchase on Amazon now!